To install new septic system or to replace an older septic system you will need a skilled and reliable contractor who can design and install it you need to ask following questions to decide the right contractor for such job.
- How long are you in this business?
It is better to choose a contractor who has experience in installing septic tanks and has sufficient knowledge about this field. You can also ask your friends and neighbors for recommendation.
- Are the workers employed by you insured?
This will ensure that in case of any injury to the workers of the contractor, you will not be held responsible.
- Do you have necessary license?
For a contractor to be employed for septic field design it is essential that the contractor must have valid license from required authority.
- Are you aware about local regulation regarding septic system?
Septic regulation varies from state to state and therefore, it is necessary that the contractor that you are choosing must have knowledge about the local regulations.
- Do you price includes design and permit fees?
Make sure that you do not have to pay any hidden charges other than the price quoted by the contractor.
- What kind of septic system do you install?
In case, your property needs any special kind of septic system then it is important to know whether the contractor has necessary expertise to perform the job.
- Which aerobic brand do you install?
All aerobic brands are not same and therefore it is important for you to know so that you can do research about the brand.
- How long you have been installing this kind of system?
More the experience it is better for you. There is a difference in every kind of septic system.
- Do you provide any warranty for your installation?
Different systems have different kinds of warranty. Certain warranties are provided by the manufacturer while some by installers.
- Will you provide any orientation or training?
After septic system is installed it becomes your responsibility to maintain it properly. Therefore, it is important that you must be completely familiar with the system.
- Are you qualified to provide service after the installation of the system?
Every septic system needs periodic service and maintenance. As a home owner, it is your responsibility to be aware about them. If the installer provides this service then it is important to know how he charges for that.